A LITTLE boy who would have turned four the following day and a man who was on the phone to his girlfriend were among those killed on Dorset's roads last year.

A woman in her 80s died from her injuries nine days after being hit by a car in Littlemoor Road, Weymouth on February 26.

Nurse and mum-of-two Corina Diaconu died when her vehicle failed to negotiate a bend and collided with a Peugeot Expert on the A35 at Bloxworth on March 11.

Ms Diaconu may have either fallen asleep or been distracted by a mobile phone which was on her lap and being used as a SatNav after a 12-hour shift.

Young mum Francesca Lee, 23, died in a collision on the A30 at Babylon Hill near Sherborne on the evening of March 6.

Her family paid tribute to a "devoted mummy" whose son Alfie was "her whole world".

Jaiden Mangan, who was just three, died on March 29 in North Street, Wareham. Graham Booker, 71, admitted driving offences at Poole Magistrates' Court in November after parking his car on a pedestrian crossing.

This allegedly caused a lorry driver to drive around the vehicle. Prosecutors alleged the Sainsbury's articulated lorry then struck Jaiden as he used the crossing.

Booker, of North Street, was fined £265 and ordered to pay costs of £85 and a £30 victim surcharge. He was also disqualified from driving for three months.

Lorry driver Dean Boyd Phoenix, 43 and of Chineham, near Basingstoke, was charged causing death by dangerous driving in relation to the collision. He has pleaded not guilty.

Retired railway signalling engineer David Frederick Harris, who was 70, was jogging along the seafront in Swanage when he was struck by a Vauxhall Zafira on the morning of April 2. He was pinned beneath the car when it hit the beach, suffering fatal injuries.

Supermarket worker Gillian Richings, 68, had been leaning out of the open door of the vehicle as she parked it in Shore Road when she accidentally accelerated instead of braking.

She was later sentenced to a 12-month driving disqualification and ordered to complete 120 hours of community service.

Police were called to Whatcome Lane in Winterborne Whitechurch after a man died on June 1. The man's body was found in a Peugeot van which had left a farm track and burst into flames in a field.

A 44-year-old biker from Exeter died at Dragons Hill near the entrance to the Timber Vale Caravan Park on June 2.

Cyclist Rowan Lloyd, 14, died after a collision with a Mercedes articulated lorry in Portland Road, Portland on June 6.

His mum Sara Rushton later paid tribute to her "beautiful, fun-loving, happy-go-lucky son".

David Grant-Jones, 49 and of Weymouth, was killed in a three-car crash on the A35 Puddletown bypass on July 14. His wife Heather, 59, was also seriously hurt.

Mark Coombs, 51 and of Weymouth, died when his Aprilia motorcycle was involved in a collision with a Land Rover Discovery on July 31 at Crossways.

Aaron Dycer's girlfriend heard the collision which killed him on the phone. Mr Dycer, 24, was using a handheld mobile phone when his VW Golf collided head-on with a Subaru Impreza on the A352 near Sherborne on August 11.

Bank worker Monika Kunda, 29, died in a rush-hour crash on the Wessex Way in Bournemouth on August 14. She is believed to have lost control of her black Yamaha motorbike.

'Loving and caring' grandmother Edna Floyd, 89, died after a crash outside Weymouth Community Hospital in Melcombe Avenue on August 22.

Verwood man Thomas Lenton, 23, was on foot when he was involved in a collision with a Peugeot 208 on the B3081 Verwood Road at 5.45am on August 25. He died at the scene.

A 74-year-old man died in a crash in Ringwood Road outside the Turbary Retail Park on September 9. He was involved in a collision with a Kawasaki motorcycle, which was being ridden by a 50-year-old man from Ferndown.

A biker, 25, died after a collision with a van in Hessary Street, Poundbury on September 14.

'Devoted father and loving husband' Stephen Faley, 45, died in a crash on the A35 Puddletown bypass on October 16.

A 74-year-old pedestrian died in hospital 10 days after being hit by a car at the junction of Lake Road and Upwey Avenue in Hamworthy on November 20.