THE daughter of a woman who went missing 23 years ago said not a day goes by when she doesn't think of her mum.

Police say they "cannot rule out foul play" as part of their investigation into the disappearance of Linda Millard, who lived in Swanage.

Linda, 48, was last seen in Portishead, Bristol, where she was staying with friends, at 9.30am on Friday, March 1 1996. She was reported missing at about 10pm that day.

A short time later, police found her car – a white Austin Mini Metro – and some of her personal belongings in Portishead. She has not been seen since.

Detective Inspector Lisa Jones said: “We’re keeping an open mind about the circumstances of Linda’s disappearance and we cannot rule out foul play.

“The case has never been closed and reviews have taken place in the time since the original investigation but sadly we’ve been unable to locate Linda or find out definitively what happened to her.

“We want to help Linda’s family find the truth as they’re left with so many unanswered questions and deserve to know what happened to her.

“The passage of time sometimes allows people to come forward with information they may have felt unable to give to the police at the time or they initially felt was not relevant."

Linda's daughter Yvonne Cathrall said: “On behalf of myself and my two brothers, we would like to appeal to the public in relation to the disappearance of our mum. It has been 23 years since our mum went missing and we miss her very much.

“Not a day goes by when we don't think about her and ask ourselves what happened that day.

“If anyone has any information, please can they come forward to help. My brothers and I desperately wish to find out so that we can finally have some peace and closure.”

Linda is white, 5 feet two inches tall and blue-eyed. At the time of her disappearance she was described as slim and had chestnut-brown hair in a bob-style.

Anyone with information is asked to call Avon and Somerset Police on 101 quoting MP4472/11. No-one has ever been arrested in connection with Linda’s disappearance, although a 51-year-old man was spoken to.

No evidence of wrongdoing was found.