FIRE crews have urged home owners to have chimneys and flues cleaned regularly after a chimney fire at a home in Wareham.

A Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue crew from Poole was called to the domestic property in Mill Lane just before 2.30pm on Monday.

Coastguards called to help person on the cliff in Bournemouth

A spokesman said: "A clean chimney can help prevent fires and structural damage to your property.

"Regular cleaning of your chimney or flue will eliminate the build-up of soot and clear obstructions such as bird or animal nests, leaves and debris."